Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tarantula

The movie poster read, "Giant Spider Strikes! Crawling Terror Over 100 Feet High!"

That's enough to tell me to get out of dodge! In 1955, Universal unleased "Tarantula" on the world. And I always looked forward to watching this one when I was a kid. This film had some scary parts in to me, and they didn't involve the spider! Leo G. Carroll plays the professor who unwillingly unleashes the monster upon the world. Don't we always blame the man of science for these atrocities against man? Will they ever learn? Anyway...got sidetracked! Carroll begins to transform in the movie, and I thought he got scarier looking as the movie went on!

So, here's the trailer for the first of many eight-legged freaks! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. When you watch "Tarantula", look for an early appearance by Clint Eastwood at the end of the film-- he plays the fighter pilot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I will be looking for him!

    ReplyDelete