Wednesday, March 18, 2009

House on Haunted Hill

Greeting Groovy Ghoulies! Spring feels like it's coming and it will be time to start creeping around the moonlight again. But, there's still time to enjoy some movies at the drive-in.

Our first feature I am ashamed to say I saw the remake before the original. Once I saw the original, I fell in love with it. Vincent Price and Director William Castle are a great match!

William Castle brought a whole new esperience to theaters, rigging them with electic buzzers, hiring people to run through as ghosts; and for this movie, hooking up a pully system to shoot a plastic skeleton out over the crowd! I can only imagine how much fun that must have been.

This made the film a huge success and even inspired Alfred Hitchcock to create Psycho when he saw how well this low-budget film was doing. I can't promise no skeletons on Saturday night but I can promise lots of thrills and chills with The House on Haunted Hill!!

1 comment:

  1. Castle called the skeleton flying through the theater, "Emergo". Some theaters discontinued it because kids would bring slingshots and shoot at the skeleton as it passed over the audience!

    ReplyDelete