Friday, February 27, 2009

This weekend's Drive-In previews

Well gang, after a bout of the stomach flu that left me feeling like a cross between Regan from The Exorcist and one of George Romero's zombies, I am back with the preview of this weekend's Frankenstein double feature.

First up, Lon Cheney Jr. and Bela Lugosi star in Universal's Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man. This was Bela's only role as the monster and Lon Cheney Jr. IS the Wolfman in my book. This was released in 1943 and it was the first of Universal's ensamble monster films. Monster gold in my book! Let's take a peek at the trailer...




25 years later, a studio out of England did what Universal had done and reinvented horror with the first of it's Hammer Horror films, The Curse of Frankenstein. It paired Peter Cushing as Dr. Frankenstein and Christopher Lee as The Monster. Hammer was awesome and I'm sure more of their features will be seen here. The Curse is set in the 1800s and has a very gothic feel of it. I loved watching these on Saturday afternoons. Here's our 2nd trailer...



So, there you go. I hope you find some time to check out these great classics! Or join me in your own drive-in tomorrow night, hope to see you there. Bring some extra money for the chili dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment