Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dracula's Daughter



The first feature at the drive-in this week, I honestly don't know much about. I know it was the 1936 follow-up to Dracula starring Bela Lugosi from 1931.Universal has started laying the groundwork for the Universal Monsters at this point. Edward Van Sloan is the only cast member to return and his playing the role of Van Helsing.The tale is bases loosely on Dracula's Guest, a short story written by original Dracula scribe, Bram Stoker.I don't think it did so well at the box office, and that may have to do with the lack of star power. At one time, Colin Clive, Ceaser Romaro, and Boris Karloff were all rumored to have roles in this film.I'm looking forward to the screening, and will be wearing a turtleneck that night.Until next time, watch the skies!

2 comments:

  1. It's not "Max" Van Sloan-- it's Edward Van Sloan who plays Van Helsing in "Dracula's Daughter".

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    Thanks for the heads up! I was trying to do it from memory and I think I got him confused with Max Van Sydow as I recently watched the Exorcist.

    ReplyDelete